Thursday, August 06, 2009

Some book recommendations..

A friend recently asked me to make a list of fifteen books I've read that will always stick with me. Here is the list I shared.

1. God of Small Things -- Arundhati Roy
2. Jane Eyre -- Charlotte Brontë
3. Rebecca -- Daphne du Maurier... Read More
4. The King's General -- Daphne Du Maurier
5. Wuthering Heights -- Emily Brontë
6. To Kill a Mockingbird -- Harper Lee
7. An Instance of the Fingerpost -- Iain Pears
8. Pride and Prejudice -- Jane Austen
9. Princess: True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia -- Jean Sasson
10. The Namesake -- Jhumpa Lahiri
11. Harry Potter Series -- JK Rowling
12. White Swan -- Jung Chang
13. The Pillars of the Earth -- Ken Follett
14. Freedom in Exile: The Autobiography of the Dalai Lama -- Lama Dalai
15. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings -- Maya Angelou
16. Maps for Lost Lovers -- Nadeem Aslam
17. Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow -- Peter Hoeg
18. Restoration -- Rose Tremain
19. Fingersmith -- Sarah Waters
20. The Dragon's Pearl -- Sirin Phathanothai
21. Guards! Guards! -- Terry Pratchett
22. Effi Briest -- Theodor Fontane
23. The Lady and the Unicorn -- Tracy Chevalier
24. Baudolino -- Umberto Eco
25. Life of Pi -- Yann Martel

Of course, I went over the fifteen requested but couldn't help it! I can add few more to this list but for now will leave it at this. Have you read any of the above? Do you have some other recommendations for me?

2 comments:

Vijay Srinivas said...

Hi Gauri, I happened to reach your blog through www.km4dev.org. I am a New Delhi-based journalist and communications professional.

Till May-end, I was senior editor (online) with the Outlook group. I have more 18 years experience in journalism, communications and content development.

I am now in the process of transitioning into the development sector.

I am quite keen to develop my skills in knowledge management. I needed your advice on how to go about it. Should I go in for a course or should I try and learn it on the job?


Thanks and regards,

Vijay Srinivas

vjaysrinivas@gmail.com

Gauri Salokhe said...

Thanks for your comment Yajiv. I will send you a seperate mail.